Troops of Operation Lafiya Dole have cleared Improvised Explosive Devices buried along major roads supposedly by members of the Boko Haram terrorist group.
Eight of the suspects were said to have died on Wednesday, same day the army released to the Borno state government some of the detainees whom it said had been cleared of involvement in insurgency.
Theater Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Leo Irabor, handed over the detainees to officials of the Borno Government at a ceremony in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital on Monday.
This website also learnt that four soldiers, including a Lieutenant, not five as reported, were killed in the attack. The fifth victim was a policeman with the Special Anti-Robbery Squad stationed in the town.
The Civilian Joint Task Force, CJTF, a vigilante group that is assisting the Nigerian military in the ongoing anti-terrorism operations in Borno State, has denied reports that leader of the group, Lawan Jafar, was arrested by the Army for alleged links with the Boko Haram.
The Nigerian Army has said that it lost seven of its soldiers who were part of the counter-insurgency operations in Borno State, North East Nigeria.
By Ebelo Fumpere Premium Times, an online newspaper, has said that the Nigerian Army lied when it denied a report that its troops were being deployed to The Gambia as…
No fewer than 10 Boko Haram terrorists were killed on Friday after the insurgents attempted to attack a town in Borno State.
PREMIUM TIMES has replied a letter sent by the Nigerian Army, threatening legal action against the newspaper for publications about the army and the Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, a Lieutenant General.
Nigerian troops participating in ongoing clearance operation of Boko Haram terrorists in the North East say they have recovered the bodies of some of its personnel who were hitherto declared missing in action.